Happy Thanksgiving! I am sooo thankful for you! Thank you for reading my blog, supporting my writing and coming back day after day and thank you for your comments - it makes me feel so good to hear what you are thinking!
To thank you for all that you do I have a yummy little recipe for you (don't worry, I tried it out first to make sure it was delish!):
Have you seen these cute little Mason Jar Pies around in blogland? I love the idea of this little single serving pie. Here's the recipe I used a la Food Babbles:
Mason Jar Pies Makes 8 (4 oz) Pies
For Paula’s 2 ingredient Cherry Pie in a Jar, click here!
8 (4 oz.) glass canning jars
2 refrigerated pie crusts
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
dash of nutmeg
2 Tbsp flour
1 Tbsp butter, cut into small pieces
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees if you’re baking them immediately.
- Combine the ingredients apples through flour. Set aside.
- Roll out the dough a little bit. Using the top of one of the jars, cut out 8 dough circles and set them aside.
- Press pieces of the remaining dough into the jars to form a crust inside the jar.
- Fill the pie crust with a few tablespoons of your desired filling. Top each pie with a small pat of butter.
- From the reserved pie discs, cut a few slits to allow the pie to vent or use a small decorative cutter to cut out a small design.
- Top the pies with the discs and crimp the sides. Then you’re ready to bake or freeze!
- If baking immediately, bake at 375 for 35 minutes.
- If baking a frozen pie, place the pies in a deep baking dish and place the dish into a cold oven. Turn the oven to 375 degrees and bake for 45 minutes or until crust is golden and filling is bubbly.