Monday How-To: Sun Kissed Skin

Summer is officially here in California! It was in the 80's today at my house. Although the sun is shining, my skin is not following suit, so I had to take matters into my own hands to get that sun kissed skin I wanted.

Tarte Cosmetics recently sent over a few fun products for me to try. So I will be using these in my how-to today:

Sun Kissed Skin:


Step 1: Apply a tinted moisturizer all over skin. I LOVE using tinted moisturizers because they let your skin shine through while covering up minor blemishes. It is important to not have a "mask" of makeup on if you want the look of sun kissed skin. The point is to make it appear as though you have a bit of a glow or a tan, not to cover up what you have.


Step 2: Apply concealer sparingly. This is not the time to go overboard with your concealer. A few dabs in the inner corner of your eyes and on any imperfections and that's it!


Step 3: Apply a bronzing powder. I heart Tarte's Smooth Operator™ Micronized Clay Finishing Powder in Bronze. I used it alone in my Step 3 in lieu of my normal loose powder. It gives my skin a smooth, flawless look with just a touch of sun kissed color.

Step 4: Use a large fluffy blush brush to apply blush to the apples of your cheeks. I also sneak a bit of color on my forhead, chin and under my jaw line for some extra color.


Step 5: Apply your eye makeup. Everyone likes to do their eye makeup differently. I typically use a gold or beige eye shadow color all over my lid and then use a shimmery brown in my crease. Then, I use a black eyeliner to line both upper and lower lids. I despise eye lash curlers, so I skip this step and then apply glossy black mascara (several coats).


Step 6: Apply lip gloss. Summer is not the time for dark, heavy lip colors and stains. Keep it looking fresh with a lip gloss like Tarte Vitamin Infused Lip Gloss in Liquid Sunshine. It looks amazing on. It is light, sheer, super glossy and just all around very lovely.

And this is the finaly product:



Don't you just love the sheen on my lips--I do!

2 comments:

  1. I like the color! Looks very pretty! Not overpowering. Great post!

    I'm a new follower from the blog hop! Hope you can hop by and visit my blog too!
    http://stylendecordeals.blogspot.com/

    I'm having a giveaway starting Sat. Ten days of giveaways! Hope you will come back and enter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. New follower from Monday Blog Hop, look forward to your future posts! You can find me at

    http://wvfrugal-wvsaver.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...