I Tried It: OPI Gel Manicure

So I'm sure you have all heard about this new OPI gel manicure (aka the 14 day manicure). Well I tried it and I want to tell you all about it. First off, let me tell you how much I LOVE my acrylics. I have had acrylics on my nails since 8th grade my friend and was so nervous to part with them. After hearing another girl rave about her gel manicure at the nail salon, I decided to give it a go.

Now, typically (and you'll know this if you have ever had acrylics), my nails are worn and ragged after my little nail tech rips those acrylics off my fingertips; and they were. She buffed and filed my natural nails down after the removal of the acrylic and then here's how it went down:

She applied the OPI Axxium base coat. My nails went under the UV light for a few minutes.

She applied a coat of color. My nails went under the UV light for a few minutes.

She applied a second coat of color. Again, my hands went under the UV light.

Then, she applied a top coat and again, with the UV light.

The after effect? Absolutely brilliant! I am so bummed I didn't take any pictures immediately after, but from these shots of almost 2 weeks later, you can sort of see how the color hasn't faded, chipped or otherwise been blemished:


A close up
Here's a shot of all 5

Can someone help me with my photo taking skills....PLEASE!

I love the OPI gel manicure so much I am sticking with it. I am rough on my nails and these babies haven't budged, broken or anything! The only downside? They aren't so shiny...I fixed that with a coat of my favorite shiny top coat Seche Vite.

So have you ever gotten a gel manicure? What about Shellac? Leave your comments and let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...