Plus Size Lingerie Commercial

Let’s talk about the plus size lingerie commercial for a minute. I, for one, was not offended by the commercial at all. What I do find offensive is the fact that these “certain networks” (ahem FOX, ahem ABC) did not want to air them. If you missed the commercial, you can find it here.


I am especially offended that the Victoria’s Secret models can prance around in their panties throughout the day and night and even get a special slot once a year for a “Runway Show” (which is a poor label if you ask me). Now don’t get me wrong, I LOVE Victoria’s Secret—their bras are the best! Also, I am no plus size girl myself, but the average American woman is a size 12 so what is so offensive about watching the average American woman prance around in her panties (which, by the way, cover up more of their bodies than the Victoria’s Secret panties do)?

Hey FOX, get it together. I see your morning news anchor-women wearing less clothing than the woman in the commercial was. And ABC, you should be ashamed of yourself….you won’t allow a plus-size lingerie ad, but it’s ok to promote teen pregnancy with your ABC Family show ‘Life of an American Teenager’?!

All-in-all, I say air the Plus Size Lingerie Commercial already!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...