Beauty School

As a former beauty school student myself, I know the hard work and dedication that goes into a cosmetology education. However, a lot of people don't realize what is involved. I had Marinello Beauty School student, Stefani Gutierrez share her experience with us. She is currently enrolled and just getting out of the freshmen room. Here is what Stefani had to say:

My decision to join beauty college was completely spontaneous and spur of the moment, with no real motive behind it except that I wanted to do what I wanted to do, not what everyone else wanted me to do. With that said, it turned out to be possibly the best decision I’ve made in my life thus far. Most people probably think of beauty school as a place where you go to cut hair and slap color onto people’s heads, but I learned quickly that there is much more to it than that. Cuts aren’t just cuts, they’re an expression of the stylist’s talents and the client’s individuality. Colors aren’t just colors, they’re the result of a mix-master’s work to meet the desires of each individual client. Beauty school, like every other school, has it’s ups and downs and its dramatic periods, but unlike every other school, the ups have a tendency to be really high, and the downs are usually really low. My personal experiences have showed me so far that not everything is nearly as easy as I thought it was, and it all required me to put serious time and effort into my learning. On a personal level, finger waves were the most difficult and frustrating thing that I encountered, and I actually cried the first time I attempted to do one. Now, however, I’ve mastered the shaping and I’m whipping them out at a ridiculously high speed! Needless to say, I’m very proud of myself. All in all, the money and time put towards my education was a very good decision. Especially in this economy; women always need their hair done, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...