Hair Color No-No's

I have been having so much fun being back behind-the-chair in the salon. It's been amazing to get to know my new clients and co-stylists! As a matter-of-fact, I just got back from a color education event. It refreshed my skills and I learned a ton too! Here is a little peek of Shelby and I in class:



We were being the class clowns but I promise that I learned a lot too. Ok, I will get to the point of this post now; I wanted to share with you some hair color no-no's that I think are important for everyone to know:

KRISTLE'S HAIR COLOR NO-NO'S

1 ~ Wash your hair at least 24 hours prior to coloring your hair. Dirty strands (due to natural oils, product, etc.) can keep the color from properly penetrating your hair. This could lead to uneven color or color that doesn't take.

2 ~ Use a clarifying shampoo. Ok, so now you know it is important to cleanse the hair prior to coloring but I also want to add that you should use a clarifying shampoo. It's amazing what type of things that can mess with hair color. Mineral makeup is just one thing that can hinder hair color. The minerals in the makeup build up on the hair around your hair line and can cause uneven hair color in this area. So be sure to use a good clarifying shampoo (I like Bumble & Bumble Sunday Shampoo) a day prior to your appointment.

3 ~ Leave hair color to the professionals. Hey, I know that you want to save some money and color your hair yourself sometimes, I get it! However, if you are changing your hair color more than one shade different than your current color, then a professional hair colorist is a must! There are so many things that could go wrong (trust me, I see these home hair color mishaps ALL.THE.TIME.) so please, please, please leave the tough stuff to us!

Keep all my hair color no-no's in mind before your next hair color appointment! If you have any hair color questions, please feel free to leave a comment or question below in the comment box.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...