I love when celeb stylists share their secrets with me (and you too!). Not only does it help me in my professional life, as a hair stylist, it also helps all my readers achieve certain styles at home too. It's a win-win.
Today, celeb stylist to Florence Welch (from Florence and the Machines) will be sharing her secrets to achieving this boho braid look. Here's the look:
Here's how to get the look:
1) Begin with clean, damp hair.
2) Spray the Davines Defining Texturizer at the roots and the MELU Shield on the length of the hair. The Texturizer provides hold and volume, while the MELU Shield protects the hair from damage caused by styling tools.
3) Blow dry the hair using a round brush.
4) Apply a couple of pups of the Davines OI/OIL on the ends of the hair. This will condition the hair and protect it while in braids and add shine without heavy greasiness. Plus, it leaves the hair smelling incredible!
5) Divide the hair into two sections and braid each side, beginning just above the ear.
6) Wrap each braid across the top of the head and secure with pins.
For added glam, you can incorporate a couple of necklaces and pin them into the hair, as Florence did.
Here's another look at the style: