Delish! The.Best.Peanut Butter-Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies


I found this recipe on the Brown Eyed Baker baking blog. I was craving this exact cookie but, in an effort to make myself feel better about chowing down on some cookies, I had to come up with a way to make it healthier. Although it came out a bit healthier than the original version, you would have never been able to tell! it is seriously the best cookie I have ever made!This version was chunky with bits of whole oats and chocolate chips and you could smell the peanut butter oozing out from each cookie.

Please hold as I wipe the drool from my keyboard...

Ok, if you are dying to dig into this cookie, here is the recipe from my kitchen to yours:


Healthy(er) Peanut Butter-Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

Makes about 20 cookies


1/2 cup all-purpose flour

1/2 cup whole wheat flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

¼ teaspoon salt

1 stick (½ cup) unsalted butter, at room temperature

½ cup PB2 (it tastes just like the real thing in recipes...trust me on this one)

1 Tbsp. creamy peanut butter
1/4  cup granulated sugar

1/4 cup Splenda or other sugar substitute of your choice

1/3 cup light brown sugar

½ teaspoon vanilla extract

1 egg

½ cup rolled oats (I increased this to a full cup)

1 cup semisweet chocolate chips


1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.


2. Whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.


3. On medium speed, cream together the butter, peanut butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract, about 3 minutes. Add the egg and beat to combine. On low speed, gradually add the flour until just combined. Stir in the oats, and then the chocolate chips.

4. Use a large cookie scoop (3 tablespoons) and drop dough onto prepared baking sheets about 2 inches apart. Bake for 10 minutes, or until the cookies are lightly golden. Cool completely on the baking sheet and then store in an airtight container at room temperature.

This batch of cookies will be gone within a few hours....hey, at least I'm warning you ahead of time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...