Disney PROM and Macy's

I was recently contacted by Mom Blogger's Club to cover an event in my 'City by the Bay' (San Francisco). Macy's Union Square was hosting an event to cross promote Disney Prom and DonateMyDress.org.
I, of course, wanted to help out a good cause, so I called a friend and we rounded up several of our old prom dresses for DonateMyDress.org. DonateMyDress.org helps to make a girl's prom dream come true who may otherwise not be able to afford a prom dress on their own. All dress donations at the signing went to the local donate-my-dress-dog-org chapter, The Princess Project. If you have any old prom dresses hanging in your closet, I highly recommend you give to this charity--it is a great cause that benefits many deserving young girls.



Although it had been over 10 years since I last went to a prom, I found some classic LBD options for future prom-goers. The one above was not mine but my friends (as she was a bit younger than me and had more trendy prom dress styles).

We headed over to the event at Macy's Union Square. The event was held in the junior's department right next to the prom dress section. There we met two wonderful ladies from DonateMyDress.org who happily took our prom dress past off our hands.

A D.J. was playing prom-inspired dance tunes that the stars of Disney PROM were happily singing along to. Since we were one of the first 200 guests to arrive to the event, we were able to meet Aimee Teegarden and Thomas McDonell ourselves! I imagine if I were about 10 or 15 years younger, I would have been "geeking out" just as the teenage boy in front of me was doing. We headed up to the table, got our Prom posters signed and danced our way out of there and into a restaurant where we ordered some cocktails and enjoyed the fact that we were no longer in high school.

Disney PROM will hit theatres on April 29, 2011 and you better believe it, I will be there! If you are interested in donating your old prom dress, head over to DonateMyDress.org to find out how.

1 comment:

  1. Such a great idea!! Hello fellow beauty blogger! I'm grabing a button to put in my sponsor section of my blog. I don't like how empty my sponsor section looked, free advertising for you...yay!!
    Naomi
    http://misoglamorous.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...