Monday How-To: How to Properly Care for and Store Makeup Stuff

I just got done cleaning my makeup brushes when I realized that I should let you all in on how to properly care for and store your makeup stuff (if you aren't already privy to this information).

First, caring for your makeup brushes:

Cleaning your brushes regularly is imperative! Use a specialized cleanser like Japonesque's cleanser or just use a mild shampoo such as baby shampoo to gently cleanse hairs and then allow to dry standing up (like in a cup).

Japonesque Makeup Brush Cleanser
Now, toss all makeup products that you haven't used in a year (they are all bad and disgusting at this point). Next, be sure that you swap out mascara and lip gloss every two months and powdered makeup items every six months or by the expiration date.

Check the back or bottom of makeup products to know when to toss.
Now, storing your makeup...

Please do not just "toss" your makeup items into a drawer like this:

YUCK!
Instead, organize brushes in a brush holder, if possible, or get some type of case to keep everything neat, tidy and organized. I use one like this:

This case holds all my brushes and makeup perfectly.
You can use something similar or something a bit more simple like this:

This is an inexpensive option for organizing makeup must-have's.
You can even go the Kim Kardashian route (which I adore and would totally copy if I had the counterspace!):

This pic was taken from a recent episode of "The Kardashian's." Don't you just love that makeup storage?!
Anyhow, the point of this blog post is to get your makeup all clean and organized. And this is how you do it. Where do you currently keep your makeup stuff and stash??? Leave a comment to let us know!

1 comment:

  1. I personally use the clear plastic container things, but it's not working lately since I have so much makeup! :) Great post.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...