How to Apply Sunless Tanning Lotion like a Pro




Summer is just around the corner and the weather is warming up. I don’t know about you, but I do not want my pasty pale legs peeking out from shorts or skirts. I decided that this is the time for sunless tanning lotion. My prior experience working at a sunless tanning salon has given me great wisdom and insight on how to apply sunless tanning lotion and other sunless tanning products like a pro. I will share my wisdom with you, my readers. I am only sharing these tips and techniques because I don’t want to see your pasty pale legs either!

Tip #1: Exfoliate prior to applying sunless tanning lotion. Exfoliation is key to get an even tan and for the tan to last longer. Use a body brush or body scrub in the shower and scrub, scrub, scrub!

Tip #2: Apply dollops of lotion to your knees, elbows, feet and hands…and I mean big dollops. Sunless tanning lotion tends to soak into these spots more than any other giving a darker than normal appearance there. Avoid the uneven ‘Lindsay Lohan’ look by using extra dollops of lotion in these spots.

Tip #3: Use a foam craft brush to even out any splotchiness. You may see streaks or spottiness after application. A foam craft brush (like one you can find at Michael’s for about $.50) is a helpful tool in evening out sunless tanning lotion spots and streaks. Simply blot the areas around the spots and streaks with the brush to move the product around and soak up any excess.

Tip #4: Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize. Keeping your tan hydrated will help it to last longer so be sure to slather on the lotion twice daily.



Your sunless tanning lotion application should last anywhere from three to five days with proper care. Avoid loofah scrubbers in the shower, hot water, the ocean, etc. if you want your tan to last longer. Can’t wait to see your beautiful (and healthy) tans!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...